By Andy Valadez, Marketing Strategist
Article was published in www.C47Houston.com Entertainment and News Magazine in April/May 2013 Edition
Thanks to a friend, Mike Mireles, (former stunt utility crew member for “Walker, Texas Ranger” seven seasons) I discovered this old word “Dunamis” and the strength of its meaning. It may be worth a study.
In Marketing, as in film, words, pictures, and song have power as does the business model. The right “word, image or sequence of photography, or muse,” can elevate thought-leadership and move your production to the next level. In Marketing, a “production” begins in the formative stages of origination or creation.
Whether you have a new business or an existing one, creating and sustaining excellence in Marketing requires continuous refinement in sales and distribution strategy, pricing, advertising, Market research, public relations, and brand identity. All components must work together in synchronization – like a movie.
My friend, Nathalie Farinola (whose dad is from Italy, mother from Germany, and she a first generation Houstonian), works closely with FIAT S.p.A. (founded July 11, 1899 – 113 years old) who owns Alfa Romeo, Ferrrari, Maserati & Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram, and also works with Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. (celebrating 50 years this year). She informed me that Lamborghini was originally a tractor motor company. This discussion also brought to mind that BMW (founded in 1917) started out as an aircraft motor enterprise and the BMW logo is actually a “roundel” (blue and white propeller), identifying with its performance and engineering history. All of these brands could arguably be considered powerful brands. But, before the brand, there was the business and the Marketing.
So, how do Marketers create powerful brands? Many business owners or filmmakers are not Marketers, per se. They may have created an excellent product, service, or entertainment property – but if not marketed well, we may never know about it, and often, the best idea and best Marketers win territory for the lesser known.
How to ensure your Marketing is Powerful:
- Become a student of Marketing.
- Review more books, blogs, and videos on Marketing.
- Never delegate your Marketing, stay in close contact with your Marketer who can translate your vision into a Marketing reality.
- Marketing is what you do before you advertise, sell, or promote.
- There are solid, researched, and proven laws in Marketing – know them.
- The Market changes hourly, be relevant and transcend time with your brands.
- Never allow “non-marketers” to interfere with the success of your strategy trajectory (everyone thinks they are a Marketer – they are not).
- Listen to your Marketer and take heed.
- As your brand gains strength, you begin to reach the realm of “Dunamis Marketing Power.”
- And more!
About Marketing Dynamics
Marketing Dynamics was founded by Andy Valadez, graduate of Texas A&M University with a degree in Marketing, and Tulane University (Applied Business Certificate), and former United States Marine (serving during Desert Storm/Shield). Andy is an entrepreneur who enjoys advising his clients on how to capitalize on their opportunities by adopting best practices and principles in marketing with a focus on strategy and tactical implementation. Marketing Dynamics serves these key sectors: technology, broadcast, film, music, publishing, motorsports, and start-ups. To learn more visit: www.TeamMarketingDynamics.com